Welcome to the Metro Transit Police Department Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency please call 9-1-1.
Before making an Online Police Report, call Metro Transit Lost & Found at 612-373-3333 to see if your property was turned in.
Using the Online Police Reporting System you can report, submit and print for free the following incidents:
- Theft from Auto - Property stolen from the interior or exterior of a locked/unlocked motor vehicle. This includes attempted theft (contents of the vehicle have been disturbed but nothing was stolen). If your vehicle was damaged because of the theft, please call for an officer response.
Stolen vehicles, license plates, catalytic converters, and guns CANNOT be reported online.
- Lost Property - When property is lost or missing.
If your incident is not listed above, please call the Metro Transit Police Department at 612-349-7200 (choose option 1) to file your report.
Please answer the following series of YES or NO questions. That will assist us in determining if the Police Online Reporting online form is suitable for the incident you wish to report.
If you answered all the above questions correctly, you are ready to file your online police report.
Make sure you have all the information you need to submit your online police report.
The online police report will ask…
- When it happened (date and time)
- Where it happened (location/address)
- Transit facility or closest intersection
- Who is reporting (your identity)
- Name, contact information, State Driver’s License or ID number
- What was lost, stolen or damaged
- Vehicles: Make, Model, Color, License Plate Number, Insurance-company name & policy number, etc.
(Do not use online to report a stolen vehicle. If a crime is in progress, call 9-1-1.)
- Property other than vehicles: Serial Number, Product Name, Manufacturer, Description, Condition, etc
- Details of the incident: In your own words describe an accurate, detailed and complete statement of what happened.
Upon completion of this report process:
- You will see the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be contacted by Metro Transit Police personnel.
- If additional information is needed to complete your report, we will notify you via email.
- You will receive a case number. The case number will be used within the police department to track your report.
- You will be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.